The Lark is Ireland’s newest, most innovative, entertainment venue. It is more than a concert hall or theatre – The Lark is the jewel in the crown of The Irish Institute of Music’s vision to create a self-sufficient, purpose built music campus, encompassing a music school, café, bar & restaurant, guest house and 400 seat music venue.
The Lark is perched on Church St. in Balbriggan, Dublin. Next door sits Bedford House, once home to the Reverend Charles Benson.
Today we have restored this Georgian property into a beautiful guest house for visitors and artists from around the world. Reverend Benson was an author and wrote a collection of important books. In 1886 he published a book named Our Irish Song Birds and it is from within these very pages the story of The Lark came to flight.
Reverend Benson spent some time observing the nature of the skylark, unlike other birds that only sing when perched on a tree, the lark sings out while ascending through the sky, just like the sound of a symphony.
The Lark wakes before sunrise, and each day brings a new beginning. Their soulful song uplifts and inspires us, and it is from this majestic songbird that we take the name for Ireland’s greatest music venue.
Let ‘The Lark’ sing.
Music to My Ears!
Treat your friends and family to a memorable night out at The Lark. With such a wide range of events taking place all year round, from music, to comedy, theatre and much more, a gift voucher for The Lark is the perfect present to give family, friends and co-workers. Gift Vouchers can be purchased via our website (coming soon!), in person or over the phone at the box office. Vouchers purchased online will be received via email. Gift vouchers can be used to buy tickets for upcoming showings on our website or at the box office.
Gift vouchers terms and conditions of sale:
– Gift vouchers are available for purchase in person at The Lark Box Office and/or through our website.
– Gift vouchers are valid for 5 years from the date of purchase.
– Vouchers can only be redeemed against tickets and cannot be used for food and drink, bars, confectionery shops or merchandise counters.
– Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash in part or whole.
– The Lark cannot be held responsible for delayed or lost post.
– Change will only be issued as a Lark gift voucher.
– Where voucher redemption is made by telephone the tickets purchased will be reserved, pending physical receipt of vouchers which must be returned to The Lark box office in order to complete the transaction (we advise a secure method of delivery such as registered or Swift Post).
– Gift vouchers cannot be used for online payments.
– All purchases are subject to availability and standard terms & conditions of sale.
Our Groups department is open for bookings and enquiries as follows:
Monday to Friday 10am-4pm
If you make a group booking, you can also avail of a number of special discount rates, call us to find out more.
Groups of 10 or more are eligible for group bookings. Group bookings are suitable for all – schools and clubs, businesses, families and social groups. Group bookings offer lots of benefits and, best of all, you are guaranteed a great day out at The Lark.
Teachers with 10 or more students will receive a free ticket on certain shows. This includes pre-primary, primary, secondary, third level educational institutions as well as, creative organisations such as dance, stage & drama schools and more. The Lark regularly runs educational concerts and events aimed specifically at educational programmes such as the Junior and Leaving Certificate.